Windows play an important role, both practically and visually. Your windows may need an upgrade for a variety of reasons, including safety, energy inefficiency or visual design. Unlike other home improvement projects, windows do not have a one-size-fits-all solution. You still need a custom solution even for a DIY window replacement in Minneapolis, MN.
If you’re curious about what the window replacement process is like, read on for our answers to common customer questions.
How does in-shop window replacement in Minneapolis, MN work?
At Custom Glass & Screen, we specialize in helping our customers with glass replacement projects. Here’s how it works:
- Bring your window and glass in for measurement. Once measurement is complete, you can take the window back with you.
- Wait approximately one and a half to three weeks for the glass to be cut. You will receive a call from us when your window is complete.
- Return with your window. Our team will then replace the glass in the window.
- Decide if you would like to install the window yourself or have one of our experts take care of it for you.
What types of glass do you work with?
We work with all types of glass. We maintain an extensive inventory of glass types that are ready to cut for your project. With daily deliveries from suppliers and manufacturers, we can always have the exact glass product you need right away.
Specialty glass types we offer include:
- Tinted glass: Helps prevent sun damage and keeps your room cool
- Low-e glass: Conserves energy and helps you save on heating and cooling bills
- Safety glass: If broken, shatters into rounded pieces instead of sharp glass fragments
- Patterned glass: Perfect for bathrooms and other rooms requiring privacy
What size window/piece of glass can I have cut?
We are eager to cut a custom piece of glass that fits your project’s needs! Unfortunately, we are unable to cut glass pieces larger than 10 feet at our facility.
Do you offer window installation service, or do I need to do it myself?
We are happy to help install your window if you do not feel comfortable doing so. If you would prefer to attempt DIY window installation in Minneapolis, MN, our team is happy to provide you with pointers to ensure a successful process.
How long does window replacement take?
The average time from when you bring in your window to when it’s ready for installation is one and a half to three weeks. The time varies depending on the complexity of the project.
Do you offer commercial window services?
Yes! In addition to offering residential in-shop window replacement in Minneapolis, MN, we also offer commercial window services. We can cut glass for your office building or other business here in the greater Twin Cities area.
If you’re ready to upgrade your windows, bring your project to us! We will customize the perfect piece for you. Call Custom Glass & Screen today for more information about in-shop window replacement in Minneapolis, MN!
This post was written by Writer