Do You Need Pane Replacement or Whole Window Replacement in Minneapolis, MN?November 26, 2019 12:06 am
When a baseball flies through your window or a tree branch comes crashing inside your home, one of the first things you need to do is address the situation and fix the window. In this scenario, should you replace the broken panes, or should you instead opt for whole window replacement in Minneapolis, MN? The decision is obviously up to you, but we’ve put together this handy post to help you decide which way you want to go!
Benefits of pane replacement
Let’s start with window pane replacement in Minneapolis, MN. Here are a couple of reasons why you might want to consider this route:
- Quick and easy job: One of the best parts of pane replacement is that it’s a fast job! In fact, you could even do it yourself if you have the right tools and some spare time. However, we don’t necessarily recommend DIY replacement if you’re inexperienced—it’s often smart to leave this job to the pros for the best results.
- Less costly: Because you don’t need to pay for an entire window, pane replacement is a lot cheaper than replacing the whole window. You’ll save yourself hundreds of dollars by simply replacing the broken panes instead of the whole window.
- Same look as before: It might sound boring to some folks, but if you like the look of your windows, you can just replace the broken panes. Additionally, window pane replacement in Minneapolis, MN could be your only choice if the manufacturer doesn’t make your specific type of window anymore, or if you live in a historic home.
Benefits of whole window replacement
Though more expensive, whole window replacement does have some advantages. These are a few of them:
- Greater energy efficiency: Today’s windows are designed with energy efficiency in mind. Since new windows are better at keeping inside air in and outside air out, updating them can reduce your energy costs by up to $400 per year (depending on what type of windows you’re replacing). Though they’re more costly, a new window can pay for itself in a few years with all the money you’re saving on your energy bills!
- New appearance: As we mentioned above, replacing individual panes will help you retain the same look for your home. On the opposite end of the spectrum, whole window replacement allows you to change up the look of your home. You’ll be amazed at how simply updating the window frames in your home can drastically improve its appearance.
- Longer lasting: A single new pane might last for a couple years before it needs to be replaced again, but an entire window can last for decades (as long as another storm doesn’t roll through and break it). If you’re committed to a new look for a long time, we strongly recommend replacing the whole window.
From replacing single panes to handling whole window replacement in Minneapolis, MN, we do it all at Custom Glass & Screen! Get in touch with us today to get a quote for your next project or to learn more about our services.
Categorised in: Window Replacement
This post was written by Writer