Benefits of Contractors Working with Glass CompaniesMarch 1, 2019 8:06 pm
If you’re working on a home or business renovation, you’re already familiar with the benefits of using an excellent contractor. One thing you might not consider, however, is whether that contractor has an existing contact in the custom glass business. This might initially seem unimportant, but it offers a huge benefit. Glass companies understand all the available glass options for your project, which means you’ll have an added level of expertise in designing and implementing your plans for your home or business.
If you know you’ll need custom cut glass in Minneapolis, MN for your project, make sure your contractor works with a reputable glass company to think through all the glass types and applications you might need. The list of possibilities is dizzying, but read on for a quick primer on a few major choices:
- Clear glass: This is probably the most common type of glass you’ll see in any home or business, and it’s most frequently used for doors, windows and shelving.
- Tinted glass: Often a popular choice for large commercial spaces, tinted glass includes melted colorants that help to reduce the penetration of heat from the sun into the space. It also adds visual interest to building exteriors.
- Patterned/textured glass: This type of glass includes a pattern or texture on one side of the glass that plays two key roles: adding some beauty and providing privacy. This is why it’s a popular choice for homes’ exterior windows, especially windows in the bathroom.
- Wired glass: This glass includes wire mesh within it that helps to hold the glass together and prevent shattering in situations of heat and stress. It’s often used as a low-cost fire resistance material, usually in commercial spaces.
- Insulated glass: If you want extra thermal and sound insulation, insulated glass is the way to go. It’s made of two or more panes separated by air pockets and helps to keep heating and cooling costs down. It’s popular in larger commercial spaces like hospitals, hotels and office buildings.
- Frosted glass: Another way to add beauty and functionality to a space is to use frosted glass, which includes both smooth, transparent glass and rough, translucent glass. This glass often includes a beautiful design and is used in places where you need privacy but also want light and decoration. It’s a good choice for office partitions or shower cubicles.
This short list gives you an idea of what’s out there in terms of custom glass in Minneapolis, MN, but it’s just a sliver of what you can do with glass in your home or business. That’s why it’s so important that your contractor work with a trusted glass company to make sure you choose what will work best for your project’s specifications. Since 1975, Custom Glass & Screen has provided the best glass services in New Hope and the surrounding areas. We offer custom repairs and designs of anything from mirrors and tabletops to storefronts and windows. Call Custom Glass & Screen today for more information on our products and services!
Categorised in: Custom Cut Glass, Custom Glass
This post was written by Writer