Throughout the Twin Cities, the weather is rapidly becoming cooler, and people all around are quickly coming up with ways to keep their homes warmer and more comfortable. In addition to improving the insulation in your home, there are a number of other steps that you can take to better seal your home’s envelope and make the most of your energy expenditures. If you have any damaged glass panes or broken seals on the windows in your home, replacing them may help you keep your abode warmer and more comfortable throughout the late fall and winter seasons.
While the energy savings alone may not be enough to offset the cost of window replacement in Minneapolis, MN, there are a number of other benefits likely to make window replacement worth your time and investment.
Here are just some of the many benefits associated with window replacement in Minneapolis, MN:
- Energy savings: Replacing damaged or outdated windows at your home can help you reduce draftiness and improve the seal of your home’s envelope. This means that you’ll be paying less on heating expenses in the winter, and less on cooling expenses in the summer. Additionally, it’ll mean that your temperature control efforts are much more effective, and your home will remain more comfortable.
- Easier maintenance: Older, damaged windows may require lots of regular maintenance—for instance, you may find yourself re-caulking certain sections of the window seal with every change of the season. If the window bears extensive damage, it could be causing water to leak through to the frame, resulting in permanent damage to the structural integrity of your house. New, modern windows assuage these concerns.
- Improved noise management: Older windows are made with thinner glass and often consist of just a single or double pane; if this is the case at your home, you likely have lots of exterior noise that trickles through to your abode. You can improve your home’s noise management strategy by investing in newer, thicker windows—this can make it easier to get a good night’s sleep and focus on work during the day.
- Enhanced curb appeal: Another substantive benefit of new windows is the fact that they will enhance your home’s curb appeal. If you’re planning to sell your home at any time in the near future, purchasing and installing new windows can go a long way toward demonstrating to potential buyers how much time, energy and resources you’ve invested in caring for your home.
- UV protection: New, modern windows are equipped with something that you may have never even thought could benefit you: ultraviolet (UV) protection. When UV rays filter through to your home, they can drain the color out of your carpeting, upholstery and more. Windows offering UV protection allow you to enjoy natural light without worry.
Since 1975, Custom Glass & Screen has been a premier source of window replacement in Minneapolis, MN. We’re proud to provide our clients with quality, dependable glass and window solutions. Contact one of our friendly representatives today to learn more.
Categorised in: Window Replacement
This post was written by Writer