Advice About Window Repair in Minneapolis, MN That You Shouldn’t Listen ToAugust 21, 2017 10:29 pm
Once you’ve made it known that you are considering taking on a project or renovation in your home, you’ve practically invited a seemingly endless stream of unsolicited advice from family, friends and even the stranger who you ran into at the hardware store. While these suggestions can be helpful sometimes, they can often give you conflicting ideas about the project that you are working on, and they can be more confusing than anything else. It’s important that you be able to separate fact from fiction before you start your window repair in Minneapolis, MN to ensure that you are going to get the job done the right way.
Here are five pieces of “advice” that you should definitely think twice about following:
- Replacement is always worth it: Many people will tell you that it is always worth it to replace your windows instead of repairing them, but sometimes, this is simply not the case. Oftentimes, it makes far more sense to repair your windows rather than spending the money that it costs to do a full window replacement. Although you might save on your monthly energy bill, you really have to do a cost-benefit analysis to determine whether that is worth the price tag of brand new windows.
- You can’t repair old windows: Many people assume that old, drafty windows cannot be repaired when they are damaged, but this is generally not true. With the right glass specialist, even old windows can be repaired. As long as the damage to your window isn’t major, your old windows should be fixable.
- Aesthetics aren’t as important as functionality: So what if you can’t find new windows that match the house—energy efficiency is all that matters, right? When it comes to home value, this doesn’t pan out. Strong aesthetics drive a home’s market value up and an odd, mismatched exterior will do the opposite. If possible, try to maintain your home’s original windows and avoid replacing them with something totally different.
- Full replacement is the only way to fix the problem: In most cases, damage to windows, panes and frames can be repaired, and a full replacement should not be necessary.
- DIY window repair is worth the savings: Even if you’ve heard dozens of window repair success stories, chances are, there are dozens more stories circulating about DIY window repair gone bad. No matter how handy you are, a professional who’s well versed in window repair in Minneapolis, MN will be able to provide you with the best finished product.
If you’re still unsure about how you should tackle your window repair project, or if you think you might be due for professional replacement, you can contact Custom Glass & Screen. For decades, we have been providing outstanding window repair and replacement services to our customers. Our staff is highly trained and able to work with you no matter what your specific needs may be. Find out more about our spectacular services by giving us a call today!
Categorised in: Window Repair
This post was written by Writer