Custom glass shower doors can make your home truly yours. You can customize your bathroom and add your own special touch to every single aspect of your home.
There is a myriad of different types of custom glass shower doors that you can use in your bathroom remodeling process. Different kinds of custom glass in Minneapolis, MN and different door setups allow for virtually unlimited customization options when it comes to how you remodel your bathroom!
Types of glass
It may come as a surprise that there are several different types of glass you can choose from when deciding how you want to proceed with your home remodel. Here are just some of the different varieties that are available for use:
- Clear glass: Clear glass is one of the most ubiquitous construction materials used in residential homes. Clear glass is easy to maintain, and allows a lot of light flow to infiltrate the bathroom.
- High-definition glass: This type of glass is usually manufactured to have a lower iron content than traditional glass, which means that it has less of a greenish tint and is even clearer than typical industrial glass.
- Frosted glass: Possessing a distinctively smooth and uniformly marbled appearance, frosted glass can provide a high degree of privacy while still allowing for a large amount of light flow.
- Rain glass: This distinctive, decorative glass pattern provides homeowners with a stunningly fresh appearance in their bathrooms. You can bring a sense of the great outdoors right into your shower.
- Bronze glass: This colored glass can add additional privacy while maintaining a sleek appearance. Bronze glass also allows for light flow, and can create a more comfortable showering experience.
- Gray glass: Stylish and sleek, gray custom glass in Minneapolis, MN actually reduces the flow of light. This can create a more aesthetically pleasing shower experience, as well as mitigate any privacy concerns that you may have.
Kinds of doors
There are several different styles of shower doors that can typically be divided into two rudimentary categories:
- Bypass doors: Bypass doors, also known as sliding doors, use independently moving glass panels that bypass each other to conceal the shower space. These doors are extremely common in many North American homes.
- Pivot doors: These doors rely on a hinge connected to a single pane of glass to protect the shower space. Pivot doors can be customized in many different ways.
Framed vs. frameless
Framed doors rely on a stainless steel or aluminum frame to keep them in place and ensure their proper function. Frameless doors, however, are more modern in appearance, and can give the illusion that the glass is floating. Depending on your vision for your home, you can select either framed or frameless custom glass shower doors.
Since 1975, Custom Glass & Screen has been providing the communities in and around Minneapolis, MN with high-quality custom glass shower doors. We offer nearly endless customization options that you can implement throughout your home. Contact us today to see how we can assist you with bringing your dream bathroom to reality!
Categorised in: Custom Glass
This post was written by Writer